Tuesday 23 September 2014

Lime Citron: September Challenge

So happy you dropped by today! September has been so, so, SO busy for me with back-to-school and back-to-work, but I've managed to reserve a bit of time to scrap a bit. And I've actually been scrapping with some of my scrappy peeps which makes it extra nice. The September challenge over at Lime Citron was actually brought to my attention by a friend whom I met through scrapbooking, the very talented Elisa Delora. She facebooked me one day and told me that she had found their challenge that reminded her of me and my style. Here is what was to be done:

- Scrap a layout with a white background;
- Use stars;
- Use thread;
- Use a stencil with texture paste; and
- Use Lime Citron products, flair or stamps.

I was instantly on board, but I invited her to take on the challenge with me, inviting her to come to my house for some some scrappy time. And it was a date! So, here's what I came up with:


Had SO much fun making this layout. Used a Ana Castro sketch (Scrap & Music's #19) with tons of Basic Grey Lauderdale products (patterned papers, stitched brads, die-cut shapes, journalling cards with transparencies, and trim stickers) along with some Stampin' Up cardstock, Studio Calico wood veneer stars and self-adhesive letter sets, Jillibean Soup Beanboard alphas, a Lime Citron stamp (thanks, Elisa!), some stitching using a Bazzill Basics stitching template, a good ol' regular paper clip... and that Gesso? Applied with a homemade stencil - a paint dabber bottle cap and the roll in the middle of pet poop bags. PERFECT!! ;)

Since this is a Lime Citron challenge, can you see the stamp I borrowed from Elisa? Look closer... Yes! You're right! It 's the "Code Barre Coeur" stamp:



HUGE shout out to Elisa Delora for giving me the boost to do this challenge! It was so much fun to scrap with you for an evening (along with my sister!). Hope to do it real, real, real soon!

Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your layout look good. Thanks for playing at challenge lime citron

    ReplyDelete