Sunday 10 February 2013

Creative Scrappers: Sketch #247 and Scrap for Help's February 2013 Challenge

Holy! Has it even been storming in our neck of the woods!!  There's a good foot and a half to two feet of snow in the driveway!!  Thank God we have a snowblower!! And the wind! It's really like being in Cape Breton... except having my Maman's home cooking... ;)

This week at Creative Scrappers, we had a Kiki Halbert sketch to play with:


Isn't it great? So simple yet full of possibilities. My kind of sketch. Here is what I came up with:


Yes, that's Louis-Olivier just this past December. He is growing up SO fast. And he is growing up to be so much like his Papa, it's not even funny! Which is really fine by me because I've always considered myself to be such a lucky woman to have Mathieu in my life. They are quite the pair!! Hee!Hee!

I used some My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants Designs, October Afternoon, American Crafts, K&Company SMASH, Basic Grey, Studio Calico,Tim Holtz, DMC floss, and regular ol' paper clips from Staples. Inspired by Scrap for Help's February Challenge, I also punched some star shapes from some plastic packaging I had lying around and stapled them to my layout. And that journalling? I doodled the lines myself! WOW! I would never, I repeat N-E-V-E-R, have done that before. It's so much fun trying new things. Woo!Hoo! Photo by Philippe Dumas.

To see what the other Creative Scrappers girls did with the sketch, hop on over to today's CS reveal. And to win a prize package from its February sponsor, upload your creation(s) using sketch(es) #246-247-248-249-250 to its(their) respective reveal(s) by March 1, 2013.

Happy scrapping!!

12 comments:

  1. WOW, well honestly, your amazing journaling was the first thing that caught my eye! I LOOOOOVE it! I will HAVE to try this! :) Beautiful page, I also love stitching around the layout and your little boy's CUTE smile :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurelie...this is gorgeous! LOVE the doodling and that pic is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful layout, love the journaling and messy twine. oh and that sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOW Aurelie ta page est vraiment magnifique je l'adore avec chaque beau détails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page! Thanks for playing with us at S4H! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, thanks for playing with us at S4H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you mirrored the sketch and used plastic for punching stars. Thank you for joining Scrap for Help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Berry71Bleu is having a whitespace challenge for February. Your page might be perfect for it. Please consider entering it and Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooooove your work! You have a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    That is such a sweet picture too.
    Thanks for playing with us in S4H
    Big hugs
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your page is gorgeous!!
    So happy you shared it with us at S4H!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great boy layout..thanks for playing along at S4H

    ReplyDelete