Sunday 16 December 2012

Creative Scrappers: Sketch #239

Hello, everyone! WOW! Christmas is just around the corner! Can you imagine? Every year at work, we organize a Christmas party for the kids and today's the day!! Rumour has it that Santa will be making an appearance... my son has been counting down the sleeps for a few days now. And come to think of it, he had a hard time falling asleep last night... Santa fever must have gotten the better of him. Hee!Hee! And with all the craziness that has been going on in the world as of late, it will be extra special this Christmas to see all of our children's eyes light up with delight... I know that I will appreciate everything that comes with Christmas a little bit more this year.

Today's also the day for another Creative Scrappers reveal. And I really do believe that this reveal is one of my all-time favourites. Each layout is truly amazing! Heather Leopard's awesome sketch was definitely a great starting point:


And here is what I created:


As you can see, I flipped some elements to other side of the page... When I had my pieces as per the sketch, the upper photo of Louis-Olivier was facing towards the outside left of the layout and it just drove me nuts!! This way, by moving the design elements to the right, he now faces towards the title at the centre of the page and makes for a cozier effect. And yes, my wee, scrappy panic attack has subsided... ;)

Once again, Echo Park for the win! Yes, most elements are from Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection. I also added some bits and pieces of Stampin' Up, Prima, Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, Pink Paislee, Studio Calico, Websters, Dymo and Tattered Angels. The stitching element was totally inspired by Nicole Nowosad's amazing creations.

Are you ready to see for yourselves the awesome job the CS girls did with this layout? Go to today's reveal right here... and be prepared for some major scrappy inspiration!! As always, there is a prize package up for grabs for your participation at Creative Scrappers. To win such a prize from the CS December sponsor Deena Ziegler, complete at least one layout from the CS sketches #237-238-239-240 and upload it(them) to the CS inLinkz at the bottom of the CS reveals. You have until January 1, 2013, to upload your layout(s).

Happy scrapping!

9 comments:

  1. Such a great LO...I LOVE your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you angled the layout. The stitching and title work looks amazing! I really like your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you angled the layout and put some very unique twists to the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just sooooooo beautiful Aurelie! I also like your stitching but i loooove the TITLE as well!!! colors and patterns on the letters... and the whole layout!... as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you lined up your papers for this layout! Those pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your take on the sketch is fantastic!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWOWOW Fantastic page !! J'adore les couleurs les choix de papier la facon d'utilisé le sketch !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on this sketch! Love your stitching as always, and great title!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch, Aurelie!! The tilted background adds such a fun touch and I love that color combo of the Blue and Red!!

    ReplyDelete