Friday 23 September 2016

Stuck?! Sketches: September 15, 2016 Sketch and Reveal

Hello, again! So very excited to finally share with you all what I've designed using Laura Whitaker's latest Stuck?! Sketches sketch along with this reveal's partner, JustNick. Once again, here's the awesome sketch I was working with:


And here's what I designed:


Now, before you ask where are the JustNick die-cuts, they are there, I promise. As of late, many layouts created using digital die-cuts showcase the die-cut itself. And they are absolutely beautiful. However, in my case, I had already created this layout for this reveal before I found out that I had to add some JustNick elements to it. I was stumped. I really liked the original version. I still wanted to reveal it via Stuck?! Sketches, so... I brought it back to the basics. What shapes were predominantly found on my layout? Circles, rectangles, and... hearts! With this in mind, I went in my JustNick collection of digital die-cuts and found the Hearts file.


It was PERFECT! I cut a few hearts out of textured vellum, dry-embossed them and layered them in my patterned paper cluster. I may have liked my layout a lot before, but now, I L-O-V-E it! YAY!

So what else did I use for this layout? Went to my My Mind's Eye stash this time around (gotta give Basic Grey a break sometime... Hee!Hee!) and took out the Cut & Paste Adorbs collection. Used some of its patterned papers (both the 12X12 and the 6X6) and buttons. I also a few Basic Grey buttons and alphas (gotta put some BG somewhere... Hee!Hee!), wood veneer hearts (I believe from Maya Road, but I may be mistaken), Fancy Pants and MME title stickers, Crate Paper chipboard stickers, stamping using one of my all-time favourite sets ever by Prima Marketing and some Versafine inkm ink splats using some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, pieces of The Paper Company's textured vellum for the hearts I cut using the JustNick Hearts file, dry-embossing using a Tim Holtz folder with my good ol' Cuttlebug, and hand-stitching using a Crafter's Workshop stitching template with some DMC floss. And yes, you see two dates on there - one for each photo. Mm-mmm, that's right. I scrapped a layout with photos taken on different days. But do they ever show how my husband and our sweet Éloïse share such an amazing relationship. And that's what this layout is all about - just being happy with those around us.

Now, Stuck?! Sketches is celebrating its third anniversary for the whole month of September and is fortunate to be able to offer extra prizes for both of its challenges this month! For the September 1st sketch, here's what's up for grabs:


Creative Embellishments Prize = $25.00 gift certificate
ScrapMuch? Prize = $20.00 gift certificate towards their project kits
JustNick Prize = $25.00 gift certificate

Please link up your layouts over in the Stuck?! Sketches sidebar right here by September 29, 2016, at midnight EST to be in the running for one of these prizes!

Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning as always, I have always loved this collection too!

    ReplyDelete