Sunday 1 September 2013

Ode to Kelly Goree!

Hello, everyone! And here's to a great month of September ahead!! I thought I would start it all off with a special shout out to one of my favourite designers, Kelly Goree. An avid fan of Basic Grey, I first fell in love with Kelly Goree's designs when I joined the Basic Grey Page-of-the-Month program way back in 2009. Kelly's designs were often used and I immediately started recognizing not only her work in magazines and blogs, but also her children's faces - the subjects of most of her work. And what's even better is that I have met her twice at the Scrapbook & Cards Today's Crop & Create events in Moncton!! I am always a bit starstruck when I see her... Hee!Hee!

Recently, I was really stumped for a layout. I had one photo I LOVED, but place in my scrapbook for a double-page layout... what was I to do? After a few days of pondering on this, I started thinking of layouts I had done in the past and boom! It hit me!! One of the layouts I did that very first year of the Basic Grey Page-of-the-Month program, was a Kelly Goree design with the exact elements I was looking for! Now, there was a time when I would never have done two same layouts, but I have since learned that if it works, why not? Furthermore, the two designs are going to be in separate albums, the collections I used are totally different and I flipped the design to make the new one work better with the picture I had. Finally, I had a blast doing this layout again! Who could ask for anything more?!? :)

Here is the first layout I did way back in 2009, following Kelly's instructions in the Basic Grey Page-of-the-Month program (as you can see, my picture taking skills of layouts has improved somewhat since then! Hee!Hee!):


And here is the most recent one I created last week, based on the original design:


Isn't it neat? A special thanks to Kelly Goree for continuously being a go-to designer for me. If you want to see more of Kelly's work, head on over to her gallery and/or her blog. It'll totally be worth your time. And yes, I am still a Basic Grey Page-of-the-Month subscriber - five years in!!

Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. I adore you, sweet girl! You did amazing and I totally agree - if it works, WHY NOT!?! Thank you for such a sweet tribute and fantastic pages! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LOs and oth have lots of scrappy talents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic double pagers. That's a great design!!

    ReplyDelete