Wednesday 9 January 2013

I Lowe Scrap's January 2013 Sketch and My Scraps & More Stash Challenge for January 8, 2013

Hi, everyone! I just love it when I find some new scrappy inspiration out there. And that's exactly what happened when I found ILS, a polish scrapbooking manufacturer which has eye candy for the masses on their blog. You should see what the girls over there are doing... HEAVENLY!! From what I understand, each month they have a sketch challenge as well as a colour challenge, both offered to all scrapbookers out there for the taking. Here is the sketch for January 2013:

Immensely inspired by ILS' design team, I thought I'd join in for some fun. This is what I came up with:


I just LOVE this picture of my nephew, Benoît. He would seriously live in the outdoors if he could, always wanting to play outside and during the Summer months, go swimming in his family's pool - which is fine with me because I always have a buddy to go with when we're home for vacation! Hee!Hee!

I mostly worked with Crate Paper's Brook collection on this one (the patterned paper on the upper portion of the layout reminded me of the water in their pool - NEATO!). I also added some Stampin' Up vellum (embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder using my Cuttlebug), ricrac and brads, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, Liquitex acrylic paint, Studio Calico clouds, a Close to My Heart metal embellishment, and some good ol' baker's twine and a paper clip.

And using baker's twine? Totally got the idea from My Scraps & More's Stash Challenge for January 8th. Can you imagine? MS&M has daily challenges on its forum. One of my favourites spots to check out every day for SURE!

Happy scrapping!

1 comment: