Sunday 16 September 2012

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #149 --- REVEAL!!!

Seriously?  Another week has just flown by?  Again?!?  The silver lining for me with how fast time is ticking away is that, for me, it's truly the most beautiful season of the year!!  I absolutely ADORE September and October weather and I am trying to get as much out of it as I possibly can.  Walking to the grocery store, playing outside with our son, crunching the first fallen leaves under our feet... The beginning of Fall is awesome!!  And if that wasn't enough, cropping season is within our reach!!  Hee!Hee!

This week's LCOM sketch was another one by Natalie Roy:

As many of you know, I LOVE layering and this sketch totally inspired me to relish in it.  Here is what I came up with:


I am seriously, but really seriously having a love affair with the Heidi Swapp collections.  As soon as I saw this great pic of my two nieces, I knew I wanted to set it on Heidi's Sugar Chic line.  Heidi's products blend SO well together and are just the thing to use for some great layering.  I also included a few odds and ends from other companies to pull everything together: Thickers from American Crafts, Basic Grey buttons, staples using Tim Holtz' Tiny Attacher, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze (I seriously never leave home for a crop without it!) and the butterfly... a sweet embellishment I found on a random bobby pin!!

And of course, the LCOM girls have done it again!! Great layouts for your scrappy eyes to feast on and your scrappy hearts to be inspired.  Click on the link below and let the oohs and aahs roar!!

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #149 --- REVEAL!!!: Woot!!! It's Friday! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and looking forward to the weekend! We have a cool sketch this week create...

1 comment:

  1. your take on the sketch is just GORGEOUS, my friend! I love layering, too... and the HS papers <3

    ReplyDelete