Saturday 4 August 2012

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #143 --- REVEAL!!!

It's that time again!  LCOM revealed another set of great page designs based on a sketch created by one of its sketch artists.  This week, we had the pleasure to work with a  JJ Sobey sketch.


I discovered JJ's sketches through LCOM and I have quickly become a big fan of hers.  Her sketches are easy to interpret and totally up for a custom-fit design, may it be just like the sketch or using it as a starting point to see where it will take you.  Here is what I came up with:


See?  Wanting to scrap this picture of my oldest niece, I replaced the extra spots for photos in JJ's sketch and replaced them with blocks of patterned paper.  What's that paper?  A lot of Crate Paper from the Random and Paper Doll collections!  I also added some Prima goodies and mixed and matched some alphas from Prima, October Afternoon, K&Company and My Little Shoebox.  And who can forget that straight-up from the stationary store paper clip in the upper right-hand corner?  Everyday stuff lying around in your house can really be great embellishments!!

For lots more inspiration, click on the link below and head on over to the LCOM reveal. Enjoy!!

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #143 --- REVEAL!!!: Can you believe that it is August already!?!?!? Summer is just flying by way too fast! I hope you are all having an amazing summer and fitt...

No comments:

Post a Comment